FCM Travel Solutions to complete rebranding of Flight Shop this month

FCM Travel Solutions, Indian arm of Australia-headquartered Flight Centre Travel Group, is looking to rebrand its travel retail and holiday […]

   

FCM Travel Solutions, Indian arm of Australia-headquartered Flight Centre Travel Group, is looking to rebrand its travel retail and holiday brand – Flight Shop. “We are rebranding our travel retail and holiday brand – Flight Shop to Travel Tours. The rebranding of all 25 Flight Shop stores spread in 17 cities in the country will be completed by 31 January, 2018,” FCM Travel Solutions’ managing director India Rakshit Desai said. The company operates an extensive portfolio of businesses across leisure, corporate travel and forex, he said. “55 per cent of our existing business is from corporate travel including SMEs and the remaining 45 per cent business is from leisure travel and forex,” Desai said. Travel Tours has strong brand equity and heritage that will benefit the company when it expands its presence across the nation, he added. The company had acquired the business interests of Travel Tours Group, in a cash and stock deal in October 2016, Desai said. When asked how important is India for the Flight Centre Travel Group, he said, “For Flight Centre Travel Group Australia, India is one of the fastest growing markets in their portfolio.” The accelerated economic growth of the country ranks the Indian chapter as one of the top five countries for the company’s global growth, he added. “We are adding corporate offices across key metros, tier II and III cities across India. We also plan to increase our footprint across 20 more cities in the next two years through the franchise route,” Desai added. Moreover, the company is aiming to achieve a turnover of Rs 4,000 crore during the current financial year, a top company official said. The company which follows July to June fiscal year, had clocked a revenue of Rs 2,700 crore in the country in 2016-17. “At FCM Travel Solutions, we are aiming at achieving around 50 per cent growth this fiscal year. Our target this fiscal year is to reach a turnover of Rs 4,000 crore,” FCM Travel Solutions’ managing director India Rakshit Desai added. (With PTI Inputs)





Trending

Coronavirus sanitizer industry

Covid-19 Impact: Chemical manufacturers brace for drop in revenues

medical kits

MSME ministry: Inform govt if you are dealing with products required to fight Covid-19

Schemes

COVID-19: Companies fresh start & LLP settlement scheme to provide relief

commerce ministry

Lockdown Impact: Commerce ministry provides relaxations in filing compliance report to SEZs

Srinivas-Rao-Mahankali

“Nothing in our lifetimes has prepared us for a situation like this”: M. Srinivas Rao, CEO, Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship

coronavirus lockdown

Cabinet Secretary: No plan of extending coronavirus lockdown

invest india

Over 1.75 Lakh people visit business immunity platform website in a week

coronavirus impact

COVID-19 Impact: Renewable energy projects get extension; to be treated under ‘Force Majeure’

Coronavirus lockdown: Indian retail sector stares at loss of over 20 lakh jobs

Covid-Industry-Reactions

Coronavirus lockdown: 60% MSMEs may get wiped out; real estate looks at nearly $1 billion business loss; and more

RBI repo rate cut

RBI cuts repo rate by 75 bps, 3-month pause on EMIs to offset Coronavirus impact

coronavirus loan msme

Coronavirus economic impact: CII sets up a fund for MSMEs